Monday, December 11, 2006

Ariel's Manifesto

Perhaps, you may wonder why people always have to read a review to decide whether they will see the movie, read the book or listen to the album. Why can’t they decide it by themselves? But, I have to tell you that I am one of them. Before I go to see a movie, I read the review about it and then make a decision, to go or not. Reviews play an important role in my life and I always believe what these critics say. So, should I believe everything they said? There is no doubt that the review is matter and gives people information about movies, books, concerts, or restaurants, like a guideline. However, because you believe what the critic said, you may lose the chance to watch an amazing movie or waste money watching a crap. The safest way is that you may read several reviews about the same movie or the same book and determine that if you like. If you read the review before going to see the movie or reading the book, you would have different feeling about the movie or book.

Nowadays, because of the prevalence of blogging, writing a review is not some specific people’s job anymore. If you have a computer, you can post your opinion anytime and anywhere on the computer. It seems that people can be a journalist, but, remember, not all of them accept the training of becoming a journalist. A training journalist should do research about the topic they write and take responsibility for what they said. If people express only their opinion on the web site, I don’t think they are a real journalist.

No comments: